Chiropractic at Boucherville Clinic
The chiropractors at ABC Health Clinic Boucherville offer a variety of approaches to all individuals.
From the very beginning, the team has never stopped striving to help its community enjoy the benefits of great health. It offers quality chiropractic care to a diverse population of families, workers and athletes of Boucherville and around.
More recently, concussion care and vestibular rehabilitation services are also offered and can improve neuro-musculo-skeletal care in an integrated manner. We also offer Low level laser therapy or cold laser, to recuperate from an injury faster. Our approach and goals use the most recent technology and the experience of our professionals to help our patients on their path to health.
About ABC Health Clinic Boucherville
Brand new in the ABC team, Clinique chiropratique Joannie Dupont becomes ABC Health clinic Boucherville! The clinic opened its doors in Boucherville in January 2015. It integrated the big ABC Health clinic in 2023 to serve Montérégie and South-Shore patients for the first time. Situated close to the 132, on Samuel de Champlain street, between the convenience store La Ressource and the bakery l’Amour du Pain, the clinic is easily accessible for the residents of Boucherville, Varennes, Verchères and the population of Longueuil and St-Lambert.
Our other available services
Chronic and persistent pain
Chiropractic for pregnant women
Chiropractic for babies
Chiropractic during early childhood
Chiropractic for children (school age)
Chiropractic for teenagers
Chiropractic and postural correction
Chiropractic for seniors
First chiropractic visits
Golfer specific chiropractic care
First chiropractic visits: what can be expected?
The initial examination
The first visit with your chiropractor is a visit lasting 45 minutes to 1 hour. This visit is very important because it serves to get to know you well and to be able to establish an accurate diagnosis in order to offer you the best possible care plan.
Everything starts before you even arrive at the clinic! You will have to complete a detailed health questionnaire (online or in person) which will allow your chiropractor to learn more about you and your health condition.
Once you arrive at the clinic, the first step of your consultation will be a thorough discussion with your chiropractor concerning your health history and the reason that led you to consult.
Afterwards, your chiropractor will perform a physical examination to assess several aspects of your health and clearly identify the cause of your symptoms, if you have any. This review includes, among other things:
- Neurological assessment
- Orthopedic assessment
- Muscle assessment
- Postural assessment
Following the physical examination, your chiropractor will be able to decide and discuss with you whether it is appropriate to proceed with a radiological examination. If a radiological evaluation is undertaken, everything happens directly at the clinic, in our radiology room.
Following the initial exam, your chiropractor will review all of the assessment results, make a diagnosis and establish a care plan.
Chiropractic patient report
One of the most important aspects of your care is understanding your condition, the treatment options available to you, and the concrete actions you can take to improve your overall health.
During your second visit (or right after your initial examination in the event of an emergency), your chiropractor will take the time to explain the following aspects to you in detail:
- What are the basics of chiropractic and how it work ;
- What is the nature of your symptoms, your diagnosis and the results of each of your assessments ;
- What treatment options are available to you, both in chiropractic and with other health professionals.
Following these explanations, you will be able to make an informed decision on the care you wish to undertake and obtain, if necessary, your first chiropractic treatment.
Each chiropractic treatment is unique and tailored specifically to each individual. It is by discussing with your chiropractor that you will decide together which approach suits you best.
Chiropractic is known and recognized for its very sophisticated approach to manual therapy. We often refer to it by the term “chiropractic adjustment.”
Chiropractic adjustment is therefore a spinal or joint manipulation that aims to restore the normal function of a joint, the surrounding muscles, tendons and ligaments and the nervous system.
There are several types of chiropractic adjustments that adapt to all types of clienteles, such as
- the HVLA mobilization (High Velocity Low Amplitude) which is recognized for the famous “crack” sound that often accompanies it.
- Slow joint mobilization which consists of more sustained movements
- Adjustment assisted by percussion, performed with a device that induces a vibration on the joint
- Adjustment by light pressure (“hold”) often used in pediatrics
In addition to the chiropractic adjustment, several other approaches are used by your chiropractor, such as :
- Spinal decompression, a computer-assisted treatment on a special table often used for chronic neck or lower back pain
- Assisted muscle therapies such as Active Release Technique (ART), Graston technique, cupping, etc.
- Neuro-proprioceptive taping (kinesiotaping)
- Complementary therapies such as ultrasound or transcutaneous neurostimulator therapy (TENS)
- Finally, your chiropractor will give you all relevant recommendations to allow you to be as independent and as responsible as possible for your health. For example, you may receive recommendations regarding:
- Improving your work or sleep ergonomics
- The prescription of exercises specific to your condition
- Improving your lifestyle in general
- Referral to another healthcare professional if needed