Chiropractic for teenagers
Adolescence is a period of great changes: growth spurts, major hormonal changes, emotional stress, etc. Several factors make teens susceptible to serious health challenges. Chiropractic is a valuable ally in facilitating the transition to adulthood.
What stresses are often associated with adolescence?
- Sports injuries
- Bad posture (at school, in front of the computer or television, etc.)
- School bag too heavy or ill-fitting
- Physical inactivity
- Poor feeding
- Emotional stress related to school performance and community life
- Smoking, drug or alcohol use
Why does a teenager consult a chiropractor?
- Postural disorders (scoliosis, rounded shoulders, etc.)
- Neck or back pain
- Joint or muscle injuries (sprain, bursitis, tendinitis, etc.)
- Growing pains
- By prevention – this is the last chance to have a positive impact on the nervous, muscular and skeletal systems before the end of growth!
When to consult?
There are times in life that are more likely to stress a teenager’s nervous, muscular and skeletal systems. Here are the periods when we recommend a chiropractic follow-up.
- Following an injury or other physical, chemical or emotional stress
- When symptoms appear
- During a growth spurt
- Preventive follow-up once a month
The chiropractors at ABC Health Clinic have comprehensive training to provide personalized care for teenagers Varied techniques and efficient work tools at the cutting edge of technology are at the service of our customers. We offer teenagers a personalized exercise prescription service, joint corrections and stabilization in addition to traditional chiropractic care. Our young and dynamic team knows how to put this young clientele at ease and create a great relationship of trust with them.