Chiropractic for children (school age)
School-aged children experience increasing stress related to their lifestyle A busy schedule with school and multiple extracurricular activities, a school bag that is too heavy and ill-fitting, physical inactivity and too much time spent in front of the television or computer screen are some of the frequent causes of discomfort among young people. Chiropractic can limit the impact of these stresses on your children and allow them to grow up healthy.
What stresses are often associated with childhood?
- Numerous falls and micro-traumas related to games or sports
- Bad posture (at school, in front of the computer or television, etc.)
- School bag too heavy or ill-fitting
- Physical inactivity
- Poor nutrition (often in a child who is more fussy about food)
- Emotional stress related to school performance and community life
- Multiple immune battles also linked to community life
How does chiropractic help improve children’s health?
Childhood stresses can cause joint, muscle and nerve tension in children. Chiropractic adjustments are gentle and very precise manual maneuvers that correct these tensions. Painless and often offered in the form of games, chiropractic adjustments are generally well appreciated by children!
Why do parents consult with their children?
- Prevention and correction of postural disorders (scoliosis, rounded shoulders, etc.)
- Headache relief and prevention
- Relief and prevention of neck or back pain
- Treatment of joint or muscle injuries (sprain, bursitis, tendonitis, etc.)
- Relief from growing pains
- Relief of symptoms related to ear infections, colds, sinusitis and other upper respiratory conditions
When to consult with your child?
There are times in life that are more likely to cause stress to a child’s nervous, muscular and skeletal systems. Here are the periods when we recommend a chiropractic follow-up.
- Following an injury or other physical, chemical or emotional stress
- When symptoms appear
- During a growth spurt
- Preventive monitoring once per season
Several chiropractors at ABC Health Clinic concentrate part or all of their practice in pediatric chiropractic We use gentle techniques and work tools designed for the needs of children.