service offered to: Vaudreuil-Dorion.
Acupuncture is a therapeutic means promoting the improvement of health and the relief of pain from traditional Chinese medicine. According to oriental medicine, there is an energy flow that circulates in the body through the meridians. The acupuncturist then chooses acupuncture points following his assessment in order to restore optimal circulation of this energy flow. The insertion of fine needles on these precise points of the body affects this circulation and provokes a reaction at the level of an organ, an area or a function of the organism. The most studied and documented beneficial effect of acupuncture is pain relief. We also recognize a sedative, calming and relaxing effect in acupuncture since it intervenes in the modulation of cerebral activity. It also helps restore the natural balance of the body by influencing the endocrine, immune and sympathetic and parasympathetic nervous systems. Finally, acupuncture stimulates the body’s natural healing mechanisms such as inflammation by promoting local circulation and tissue regeneration.
For which symptoms can acupuncture be beneficial?
- Stress and anxiety
- Depression Insomnia
- Digestive problems such as heartburn, gastric reflux, nausea and gallstones Bowel problems like constipation, inflammatory bowel disease, irritable bowel, and Crohn’s disease
- Musculoskeletal pain (tendinitis, plantar fasciitis, fibromyalgia, etc.)
- Seasonal allergies
- Oedema and swelling
- Restless legs
- Kidney stones
- Skin problems like hives, eczema, psoriasis and acne
- Neurological problems like facial (Bell’s) palsy and shingles
- Acupuncture can also be of significant help in pregnant women and in the period of menopause.
This service is offered to you at: Vaudreuil-Dorion.