You are about to schedule an appointment at ABC Health Clinic Vaudreuil-Dorion
Virtual services : 450-455-8500
service offered to: Vaudreuil-Dorion.
ABC Health Clinic
offer tailored care
to all the individuals.
Osteopathy is a manual approach and its objective is to re-establish the functionality of the structures of the systems of the human body in order to optimize its capacity of autoregulation. This practice is based on the deep knowledge of health sciences and interactions linked to the balance of the organism.
– Translation from Ostéopathie Québec
This service is offered to you at: Vaudreuil-Dorion .
Learn more about osteopathy at ABC Health Clinic
Who can benefit from osteopathy?
An osteopath can be helpful to everyone from newborns, to the elderly, to high-level athletes. As a matter of fact, as part of their training, osteopaths develop a fine palpation and learn to observe, evaluate and treat the human body in its different phases of life and according to the presented issues. Every client is therefore treated differently based on his or her uniqueness, specific particularities and needs.
- Infants and children:
- Breastfeeding-related disorders (e.g., inadequate sucking), stomach aches, regurgitations, frequent ear infections, head shape (flat head), crying crisis, etc.
- Promote a smooth transition from childhood to adulthood by addressing certain related physical ailments (onset of menstruation, rapid growth, stress, sleep disorders, etc.)
- Adults :
- Optimize the current condition, ease everyday aches, etc.
- Harmonize adaptation to old age by optimizing the function of joints, general circulation and strengthening the immune system.
Why consult in osteopathy?
Osteopathy could help in managing diverse issues and it would be hard to name them all! It is efficient for many health systems and often recommended in chronic issues but can also help substantially in acute symptoms. Here are a few examples:
- Muscle and/or joint pain :
- Neck pain
- Back pain
- Jaw issues
- Physical trauma related to a road or work related injury (overuse injuries also)
- Sport injury
- Digestive health :
- Transit disorders
- Gastroesophageal reflux
- Stress management :
- Calm the nervous system
- Nervous system and ENT (ear-nose-throat) :
- Sleep disturbance
- Post-concussion syndrome
- Respiratory system :
- Shortness of breath
- Decrease in respiratory amplitude
- Woman’s health
- PMS (premenstrual syndrome)
- Menopause symptoms
- Follow-ups before and after surgery and manual treatment of scars and adhesions
- Optimization of sports performances
What to expect during your osteopathy treatment?
The first consultation allows the osteopath to get to know you better. The osteopath will complete an osteopathic health check to discover whatever issues are ailing you and also the possible causes of these problems. Your family history, traumas, health challenges and all other information that may help better understand your current condition will be discussed in details with you. The data collected will guide the osteopath in his or her postural evaluation and will help find the structures that need to be addressed to finally get to the potential sources of your symptoms. Osteopathy is a global manual therapy that involves different types of manual techniques such as musculoskeletal, visceral, fascial and cranial techniques. An appointment lasts about 45 to 60 minutes depending on the reason for consultation and the approach needed. The frequency of follow-up will be discussed and depends on the reason for consultation. Recommendations about your health habits will be part of the meeting in order to maximise the effect of the treatment.