Registered Dietitian (Virtual)
Passionate about food and health sciences, Jasmine combined those two interests by completing her undergraduate studies in the Honours Bachelor of Food and Nutrition Sciences at the University of Ottawa, in her native region. Throughout her studies and internships, Jasmine had the chance to work with young and old living with various health conditions; including eating disorders, chronic metabolic diseases, and Parkinson’s disease to name a few.
Jasmine has a lot of interest in sports nutrition, having played competitive badminton for almost 10 years. This interest of hers was able to be further developed, thanks to her professional experiences, both in internship and in research.
Another passion of this health professional is education. Jasmine loves to translate complex information into digestible and understandable bits, busting nutrition myths and providing educational tools. Continuing competence is equally important for her, wanting to stay up to date in the ever-changing science that is nutrition.
- Honours Bachelor of Food and Nutrition Sciences (BFNSc) with Summa cum laude honorary mention, University of Ottawa
- Dean’s honour list, University of Ottawa
- Clinical nutrition internship at the Children’s Hospital of Eastern Ontario (CHEO), with rotations in internal medecine, at the Centre for Healthy Active Living, in eating disorders as well as in nephrology
- Sport’s nutrition internship at ECR Nutrition
- Nutrition education internship at Cegep de l’Outaouais’s dietetics programm
- Research assistant in military nutrition with poster presented at the 2022 Dietitians of Canada National Conference