You are about to schedule an appointment at ABC Health Clinic Vaudreuil-Dorion
Virtual services : 450-455-8500
Nutrition – virtual service
service offered to: Virtual services, Boucherville, Trois-Rivières, Valleyfield, Mirabel, Vaudreuil-Dorion.
At ABC Health Clinic,
are here to help you thrive and you reach your health goals.
In Quebec, nutritionists are the only accredited nutrition experts.
These health professionals have a bachelor’s degree in nutrition science, have completed more than a thousand hours of practical training and continue to develop their nutrition expertise throughout their careers through continuing education.
Nutritionists have the knowledge and skills to assess your eating habits and give you personalized recommendations adapted to your lifestyle and your health. A nutritionist-dietitian can not only help you to stay healthy, but also to regain it in the event of illness.
The role of a nutritionist-dietitian is to support you. Whether the support is provided through motivational interviewing, nutritional counselling, education or the sharing of many resources, the objective of your nutritionist-dietitian at ABC Clinique Santé is to equip you to enable you to achieve your health.
This service is available in person at the Gatineau clinic or in virtual consultations throughout the province of Quebec.
Reasons for consulting
- Pregnancy, fertility and breastfeeding
- Pediatrics (growth, food introduction, picky eaters)
- Sports nutrition (preparation for a sporting event, optimizing nutrition)
- Change in body composition (weight gain or weight loss)
- Arthritic or musculo-skelettal conditions
- Mental health (eating disorders, depression)
- Allergies and food intolerances
- Gastro-intestinal health (reflux, Coeliac’s disease, Crohn’s disease, IBS)
- Metabolic conditions (diabetes, high cholesterol or triglycerids, hypertension, liver disease)
- Endocrine conditions (diabetes, hyper-hypothyroidy, PCOS)
This service is offered to you at: Virtual services , Boucherville , Trois-Rivières , Valleyfield , Mirabel , Vaudreuil-Dorion .
Why see a registered dietitian?
Contrary to popular belief, registered dietitians are not solely responsible for helping people lose weight. Indeed, although they can help you with such a goal, the field of practice of registered dietitians is much broader. From the busy parent who needs help organizing meals for the whole family, to the patient who has just been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes, to the elite athlete preparing for a big competition, the dietitian can help a variety of people achieve their nutritional goals.
Here is a list of reasons for consultation supported by registered dietitians.
- Improved eating habits Help with meal planning
- Improving sports performance and preparing for sporting events
- Management of chronic health conditions (diabetes, high blood pressure and cardiovascular, gastrointestinal, liver and kidney diseases)
- Supports during the perinatal period (pregnancy, breastfeeding, infant feeding)
- Pediatrics (growth, food introduction, allergies, food selectivity)
- Women’s health (PCOS, menopause) body composition (weight loss or gain)
- Eating Disorders and Other Mental Health Disorders
- And many others!
Initial evaluation in nutrition
The first step in nutrition care is the nutritional assessment. During this appointment, your registered dietitian will review your health history, your lifestyle, your diet, your goals and your expectations regarding nutrition appointments. At ABC Clinique Santé, the nutritional assessment is done in two parts, so that your registered dietitian can analyze all the information gathered during your first meeting to develop your personalized action plan. In the second part of the assessment, the registered dietitian will present you a report of your diet, as well as the proposed action plan. At the end of the assessment, you will have a solid plan to start making long-term changes in your eating habits, one bite at a time!
Follow up visits in nutrition
The second step in the nutrition care process is the follow-up. In each of these appointments, you and your registered dietitian will evaluate the progress made since the last meeting and will establish new objectives. Although these meetings are not mandatory, they are highly recommended to help you make long-term dietary changes. Indeed, it is during the follow-ups that the registered dietitian will guide you through the challenges of daily life and equip you so that you can be able to face them.
What to expect in general
Changing eating habits is a gradual and personal process. The role of the registered dietitian is to support and equip you throughout the process, and until you reach your goals. Indeed, registered dietitians are not bossy practitionners, who give you a strict menu to follow, and even less “Food polices” who scold you when you do not follow that same menu to a tee. At ABC Clinique Santé, we encourage you to become the master of your diet and your health.
Jasmine BrousseauBoucherville, Mirabel, Trois-Rivières, Valleyfield, Vaudreuil-Dorion, Virtual services
Registered Dietitian (Virtual)