What is lymphatic drainage? It is very simple. To help you, let me draw a parallel with our garbage collectors. Are you happy when they pick up your trash? Well know that the lymphatic system does the same thing in your body. It collects all the organic waste from your body to transport it to your small filtration plants, i.e. your lymph nodes to end up in your stools, your urine, your perspiration or even the pores of your skin via pimples.
The benefits are numerous such as:
- Better efficiency about your internal organization
- Reduce the risk of infection
- Improves all fluid circulations in your body
- Increases healing
- A valuable aid for those who suffer from venous insufficiency
- Reduces edema caused by cancer treatments
- Relieves people diagnosed with fibromyalgia
- Reduce the general edema of all your limbs
- Acts as an anti-inflammatory
- Helps reduce water retention and therefore pain
It’s not for everyone!
Do not neglect people at risk with the following contraindications:
- Suffers from cancer
- Has ever had cancer without a doctor’s referral
- Malignant tumor
- Acute phase infection
- Heart failure
If you wish to receive this type of massage, but you meet certain criteria on the list of contraindications, a paper from your attending physician will be required for the therapist to approve this treatment.
Massage therapist and owner